Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The one last piece!



The one last missing piece is outta here as of 3:00 Tuesday afternoon. We had gotten our approval notice on Monday and ran to get it notarized as soon as Gary got off work that day. We then got it in the mail yesterday to be sent to the state capital for certification and then from there it goes on to Portland OR where our agency will send it to China. This is turning a corner for our adoption. Almost everything done up to this point has been to get the dossier (China papers) ready. Now that they are and on their way to China we now get ready for the next stage of the game. To travel!! We are a ways off from that still so the kids and I are trying to keep ourselves busy. Today we decided to go raspberry picking. Every year I think about taking the kids to do this only I think about it two weeks late and the berries are done. This year I finally did do it and the kids had a blast trying to out pick each other. In fact when it was all said and done we had picked 19 lbs. I have already come home and made 9 jars of freezer jam and a raspberry cream pie to go with our BBQ chicken pizza for dinner. I have no idea what else I'm going to do with all these berries. Oh well, not bad for trying to keep ourselves busy.---Marla

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations ! It does feel so good to have it almost out of your hands and going to China !

Gail said...

It's always such a relief to have everything on it's way...I was always so happy when that monumental step was achieved! And raspberries, yum! :)

Abbie Ball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbie Ball said...

I can't believe it! I am so happy and excited for you all. What an amazing adventure. When you get an update of Gavin's height and weight let us know...I've already been thinking about Fall/Winter clothes...!! (By the way...another great picture Avery! Do you have any cards left? I'd really like to buy some!)