Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things I know for sure.


Here are a few things I know for sure...
Some of my favorite things to...
Taste...
Cooked garlic/mushrooms
Smell...
Ground coffee beans.
Hear...
My kids giggling with each other.
Touch...
Clean sheets on the bed.
See...
The mountains where we live with fresh snow on them.


The last person who said "I Love You" to me...
Avery yelled it from the bus stop this morning.
The last thing I bought...
A key lime milkshake yesterday.
The last time the dogs got feed...
?-oops!
The last person I talked to on the phone...
Gary, he called from work to say he misses me.
The last movie I watched...
"The Lake House"


The #1 thing on my to-do-list...
Paint the dinning room.
The #1 thing I would change about yesterday...
Drinking that key lime milkshake (it's was so good, but I didn't need it)
The #1 thing I'm most proud of...
I'm a child of the Most High God!
The #1 thing my family asks me to make for dinner...
Chicken enchiladas.
The #1 thing I love to do when time allows it...
When all five of us are piled into our bed telling jokes and laughing

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey ! I am using Lady bugs in love. They are supposed to make an Orphanage Call and get updated pictures. I can't wait !!! Have you used anyone to get updates ?

Jolene Powell said...

Thanks for asking about Kacie! She's fabulous and wonderful sister! She loves her little brother sooooo much. She doesn't dote on him 24/7, but she does play with him a lot, especially outside. She still likes her alone time, and we respect that and give it to her. We have been very careful to make sure Ty sees her as a sister, not a care giver. We are careful to tell her she's beautiful when we talk about how cute Ty is. She also feels better when we say, "We did this for you too," when we are caring for Tyson. It makes her feel good that Ty isn't getting "special" treatment because we treated her the same way when she was little. School started a week after we got home, so that was difficult on Ty more than Kacie. When she's gone, Ty misses her, and she misses him. They have a great bond. It's truly awesome to watch.