Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pigs and Chickens.

I was just on the phone to the Dr. office last week about all five of us getting the H1N1 flu shot for the hopes that we will be traveling to China within six months (it comes out on Oct. 15th). Well Lulu was home sick yesterday and now we are down another family member today. Levi was advised by the school this morning to see a Dr. due to the fact that he has had respiratory issues since he was a baby and that made him a high risk case. So in we went and yes the Dr. said we are looking at the Swine flu. The only way to know 100% is to have the test done and they only do that if we had to be put in the hospital. Been-there-done-that with Levi before, we will just take the Dr.'s word for it. Lulu is feeling better this afternoon and Avery has no sign of it yet, but I'm still considering the rest of the week shot and I'm not sending any one back to normal life for a while.
I am thinking chicken soup and corn bread for dinner with the fire place going and cuddled on the couch (once I move the big pile of laundry I didn't fold today) with a movie tonight.
By the way the Dr. said it wouldn't be a bad idea to still get the shots for both the common and the H1N1 flu in a few weeks just for the slight chance he was wrong. The kids were not happy to hear they may still be looking at shots after this.;(

5 comments:

Abbie Ball said...

Always better to be safe...my first graders were dropping likes flies on Friday! H1N1 is definately in the Nooksack school district. :( Hope everyone feels better soon!

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Great blog! I am hope to follow your journey as well. We got LOA 9/30. Looking at your stats I bet you have LID now..it tool us just about 4 weeks to find out...we were LID 7/13 and did not find out till 7/23 and that was just about 4weeks after our DTC. I am a school nurse and have been living the h1n1 nightmare all year. WE have shot clinics in november..

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Thanks! James is 6 and waiting at Luoyang CWI in Henan province. We are excited and scared at the same time...

Tami said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon and you stay well..mom!!! I'm with you..iit WOULD be nice to know if it really IS the swine flu or not. They're testing here regardless of the need for hospitilization, and I'm glad.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. Our agency is Faith International in Tacoma,WA. We love them!!! I see you live in the PNW...are you near Seattle? I am looking forward to your journey...your family is beautiful!